There’s nothing quite like a mighty bowl of porridge first thing in the morning. Whether you like it’s sweet or savoury, thick or runny, loaded or plain, this confirmed superfood has it covered. For this recipe, I decided to combine rolled oats with chia seeds, creating a sort of porridge-chia pudding hybrid. It’s quick, comforting, cheap and oh so healthy!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup almond (or any plant-based) milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 rings of tinned pineapple – chopped
- Optional toppings: plant-based yoghurt / chopped pineapple/ maple syrup (if you like it sweet) / flax seeds
- Combine oats, Chia seeds, water and Allmond milk and a heated saucepan and stir for 5 minutes (or until desired consistency reached), adding more liquid if needed.
- Right before serving, add the chopped pineapple and mix well.
- Serve immediately and top with yoghurt, pineapple and chia.